Sustainability Steps Association has implemented the Digital Transformation for NGOs project within the scope of the European Union Sivil Düşün Programme.
Non-governmental organizations and social cooperatives operating in Turkey has severely affected by the epidemic. 29% of them had to stop their activities due to the epidemic. They canceled their events such as seminars, conferences and trainings. They postponed their advocacy work and campaigns.
Considering that NGOs were ignored during the epidemic and were at risk; we as Sustainability Steps Association implemented the Digital Transformation for NGOs project within the scope of the European Union Sivil Düşün Programme.
Our aim was to increase the digital knowledge and skills of NGOs and cooperatives, to transfer their seminars, training and workshops to the online platforms and to ensure that they produce effective visual, audio and written content for digital media.
40 NGOs and social cooperatives working in the fields of gender, disability, human rights, youth and environment from 22 cities in Turkey has attended the training program.
- • They acquired a knowledge of how to use event, training and meeting tools more efficiently and effectively.
- • They became aware of social media and digital media tools that would increase their visibility.
- • They accessed digital tools that they can use free of charge for non-profit organizations.
- They learned about creating and managing a campaign strategy.
- • They received training on how to write a press release and how to prepare an effective e-bulletin.
- • They also had the opportunity to share the digital tools they are using with each other.
Introductory videos of the 8 NGOs were prepared and presented them for their use.